Utility Billing Department
For our customer's convenience, utility payments may be made at 400 PORTER STREET during regular hours 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or by using the After Hours Drop Box. Please do not make cash payments in the drop box.
Online Utility Bill Payment
Pay water and garbage bills online by visiting our online payments website. A $3 processing fee will be charged for this service. Check with your bank provider for their policies regarding online payment. Some banks require up to 10 days to make your payment and late fees could apply if your bank does not get your payment to us on time.
Automatic Bank Drafting ServiceIn an effort to provide better service, the City offers electronic bank drafting service for monthly water bill payments. This can be arranged by the Utility Billing Department. Complete the Automatic Bank Draft Authorization Form.
Credit Card Payment by Telephone
Customers may pay their water utility bill by telephone using a MasterCard or Visa credit card. To pay by telephone with a credit card, customers may call 512-352-2066. A $3.00 convenience fee will be charged on all credit card transactions.
If services have been disconnected for non-payment the entire past due balance, including all late fees and administrative fees, must be paid in full along with the $25 reinstate fee.
Water and Wastewater Service InformationCustomers who wish to start, stop, or transfer water services must contact the City Hall Administration/Utility Billing offices, 400 Porter St., during normal business hours: 8am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday and complete a service contract.
- New Service: May be done in person or online here. If you choose to activate services in person at City Hall, you must present a valid photo ID, copy of a lease or closing papers, and pay a deposit and activation fee. Requests after 3:00 pm will be connected the following day. A $100 deposit is required along with a $25 connection fee.
- If an account has not been active for 6 months or longer an inspection is required before an application can be processed. Please contact the Planning and Development division at 512-365-3863.
- Transfer of Service: Must be done in person, submit an application and present a Valid Photo ID and copy of lease or closing papers.
- Stop or disconnect service: May be done by phone or in person. Deposits will be applied to the balance on the final bill. Please provide a forwarding address for the final bill and possible refund due.
- Reconnects: Requests must be received before 3 pm for same day service. An additional $50 fee will be charged for reconnects after hours.
- Wastewater use is estimated based on your water use. Once a year, customer accounts are monitored for what are typically the lowest usage for the months of December, January and February and then averaged to get your wastewater rate per month for the next 12 months.
- Confidentiality forms are available to ensure your account information remains private. A copy of the form is available here.
Water / Sewer Problems
If your water service has been suddenly interrupted and you do not know the cause, please call the Utility Billing Department during normal business hours at 512-352-2066 and after hours due to an emergency situation, call 512-352-3251.
When water service has been discontinued for non-payment of a bill, the full amount of the bill plus a $25.00 reconnection fee must be paid before service is reinstated. Customers should contact the Utility Billing Department to report water leaks, main breaks, or water quality problems. For sewer related problems, please call 512-352-3251.
RatesView the current 2017-2018 Fee Schedule.
Water Meter TamperingIn an effort to deter losses in water revenue, service calls and meter repair, any detected water meter tampering will be reported to the police, investigated and, whenever possible, charges filed.
Tampering with a water meter is a Class A misdemeanor in Texas and punishable by a fine not to exceed $4000, confinement in jail for a term not to exceed 1 year, or both. Individuals responsible for tampering may also incur civil liability and additional fees. Call 512-352-5551 if you suspect someone has been tampering with a water meter.
Learn how you can conserve water and save money on your water bill by visiting the Water Use It Wisely website.
Garbage Pick Up - Waste Connections (formerly Progressive Waste Solutions)New service is established at the same time your water account is opened. Residents within the city limits not on city water may only opt to receive garbage service.
Tree Limbs: All residents who pay a City of Taylor utility bill and receive garbage service are entitled to once-a-week pickup of brush placed at the curb. Please, no limbs longer than four feet and the brush pile should be no larger than five cubic yards each time. Place at the curb the same day as your regular trash pickup. Any pile larger than this may be picked up for an additional fee. Please call 866-282-3508 to request an estimate.
Bulk Items: Large items may be placed at the curb on your regular pickup day, such as mattresses, sofas, most household items. No construction materials will be picked up. Carpet must be cut into manageable pieces to be discarded. Any item containing Freon will be picked up only after the Freon has been removed and a tag attached verifying this.
Call 512-352-2066 for missed pickups or damaged cart replacement.
For additional services such as a temporary roll-off dumpster, please call Progressive at 512-282-3508.
You must select your own electric provider. Visit the Power to Choose website at https://www.saveonenergy.com/power-to-choose/ to find a provider that best meets your needs.
- ATMOS Gas
- Phone: 1-800-460-3030 - Customer Service
- Phone: 1-800-817-8090 - Emergency
Water Usage Tips
Detect and Chase Down Leaks with the 10-Minute Watersense Challenge
100+ Ways to Conserve Water